Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: General Labor, Maintenance
Type: Part Time
The Glenbard Wastewater Authority is currently accepting applications for a part-time, entry-level, Plant Laborer position. The purpose of this position is to provide general labor assistance to maintenance and operations crews. Duties include performing various tasks at a wastewater treatment facility both indoors and outdoors. Training with vehicles/equipment and familiarization with department operations will be provided upon hire. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Be self-motivated and be able to work alone on assigned laborious projects such as painting, organizing, hosing of tanks and miscellaneous housekeeping activities.
- Assists crews with related landscaping activities.
- Performs minor equipment maintenance, including washing, waxing, vacuuming, cleaning and lubricating.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and assignments, including floor sweeping, window cleaning, site weeding and community special event activities.
- Assist with tasks on wastewater treatment equipment and associated components.
- Performs minor repairs to lift stations and pump stations.
- Assists crews with related maintenance activities.