Plant Operator Glenbard Wastewater Authority
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Type: Part Time
The Glenbard Wastewater Authority (GWA) is recruiting for one part-time, entry level Plant Operator. Duties include, but are not limited to; plant operational duties; operator services at the GWA treatment facility and storm water treatment plant; light maintenance work as needed; and responsive, courteous and efficient service to the residents of the Villages of Lombard and Glen Ellyn and the general public. The starting pay offered for this part-time position is $22.43/hr. Essential functions:
- Observe variations in operating conditions and interpret meter readings, gauge readings, and test results to determine process requirements and adjustments.
- Adjust feed rates of chemicals used in conditioning sludge to provide optimum production.
- Locate sources of trouble, diagnose trouble conditions, and report malfunction to Operations team member on call.
- Use process control computer for monitoring and responding to alarms.
- Maintain records and make written observations in daily logbook.
- Availability to perform functions solely on weekends and/or holidays.