Company: City of Naperville
Category: Business Development, Supply Chain
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville has a Procurement Officer position open. The Procurement Officer works closely with City departments to plan, source, and procure various services, supplies, equipment, and materials in compliance with governing laws and policies. The Procurement Officer works to identify best practice procurement strategies to accomplish strategic goals and add value; reviewing, developing, and consulting on technical specifications of products and services desired. The Procurement Officers also perform specialized work such as researching sources of supply, interviewing prospective suppliers or bidders, and negotiating contracts and other agreements. Salary: up to $74,230 per year commensurate with experience. Duties:
- Assist departments in planning for upcoming procurements.
- Develop and prepare formal solicitation packages including review of technical specifications, conducting research and recommending changes as needed, presiding at public pre-solicitation meetings and formal proceeding openings.
- Make recommendations on changes in contracting strategy, including consideration of consolidations or inter-governmental cooperative approaches.
- Negotiate with suppliers and conduct follow-up with vendors before and after contract award including, but not limited to, securing certificates of insurance, bonds, etc., negotiating contract language, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and resolving vendor performance issues.
- Evaluate options and recommend awards of contract.
- Obtain quotes and review purchase orders for adherence to city policies.
- Assist assigned departments with all procurement related needs.