Production Supervisor (Nights)
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Category: Hiring Events, Management, Manufacturing
Type: Full Time
Graphic Packaging International is seeking candidates for its Production Supervisor opening in Carol Stream.
This position provides leadership and supervision to production work teams and serves as the link to plant management for the team. Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the team’s goals and results consistent with company direction, and works with the team members to develop their full potential. The shift supervisor, in conjunction with the team, is responsible for product quality, product quantity, equipment condition, team member safety and department housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and facilitates the day-to-day shift activities of team. Utilizes knowledge and experience, providing training to team members. Responsible for their individual performance. Oversees scheduling, material handling issues and maintenance, as well as resolving production problems. Helps team achieve goals and has responsibility for personnel issues, including required discipline.
- Provides a communication network between direct reports and middle and upper management.
- Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Encourages and leads team members to work in a safe manner and to seek improvement in work practices for their benefit. Develops and implements safety procedures and supports Safety Coordinator in achieving departmental and plant safety goals.
- Assures that the team maintains quality standards and uses SPC techniques for problem resolution through knowledge of product specifications and training of personnel.
- Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and overall productivity meets or exceeds established standards, and is directly accountable for expenditures exceeding budgeted levels.
- Strives to be technically proficient on the machinery in the department. Provides assistance to the team in problem resolution and assures that testing and product development is carried out in a professional manner.
- Participate in SQF Root Cause and Corrective Actions (from customer complaints, SQF audits, validation, and verification activities) as required.
- Follow all procedures related to producing Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- Report any potentially unsafe SQF conditions or customer complaints to a person of authority to record and/or correct the situation.