Program Manager, PEHSU Operations
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Type: Full Time
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is seeking a strong grant manager to oversee the daily operational and financial activities of the Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (PEHSU) program, including contracts, interagency agreements, grants, and cooperative agreements. Execute fiscal management, reconciliation, audit, budget development and monitoring, and reporting and analysis. Provide operational technical assistance and support to subcontracted entities and program partners to ensure program deliverables are advanced. Some tasks include:
- Manage the initiation, administration, and/or closeout of contracts, interagency agreements, grants, cooperative agreements, and other funding mechanisms.
- Review, monitor, and reconcile financial activity for subcontractors and consultants and deliver financial reporting on the program to AAP leadership and funding agencies as requested.
- Lead the execution, tracking, and monitoring of sub-contracts with the PEHSU regions to ensure they are meeting deliverables included in their scope of work.
- Review, verify, approve, and record all invoices against sub-contracts in collaboration with the PEHSU Program Specialist.
- Assess and monitor line-item expenditures and encumbrances.
- Coordinate with AAP finance to approve financial expenditures to ensure fiscal compliance with AAP policy and procedure, including funding categories as determined by funders.
- Facilitate budgetary planning for the PEHSU program; prepare budgets and associated justifications for proposals and assigned projects in collaboration with AAP leadership.
- Coordinate the fiscal year-end closeout for the PEHSU program with AAP Finance.
- Maintain communication with program team members and sub-contracted entities to ensure proper operations of the program including co-facilitating monthly meetings with all 10 regional PEHSUs.
- Collaborate with funders, AAP groups and programs, and key stakeholders to ensure operational functions of project objectives and deliverables are advanced.