Company: Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
Category: Office & Administration, Planning
Type: Full Time
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County has a Project Planner position open. This position performs project management for planning, designing, and implementing intermediate capital preserve master plan and improvement projects throughout the District, using professional landscape architecture principles and practices, which allow the public to access and interact with preserves and their natural resources in a responsible and safe manner in adherence to the District’s Mission and federal, state, and local regulations. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare construction drawings, details, specifications, quantity takeoffs, and cost estimates for trails, roads, parking lots, recreational facilities, landscape restoration, water resource improvements and historical/cultural site developments.
- Administer bid process, contracts, conduct construction meetings and inspections, prepare agenda, meeting minutes, observation reports and perform verification of insurance requirements, processing pay requests, recommendations for field changes, and submittals for change orders.
- Conduct site analysis, collect field data, and perform topographic survey and tree inventories at construction sites utilizing traditional and GPS and Total Station survey equipment.
- Prepare design programs and preliminary conceptual design options and costs incorporating comments.
- Prepare hand rendered and digital graphic exhibits, slides, and reports for presentation to District staff.
- Assist with preserve master planning and prepare master plans for long-range preserve improvements.
- Coordinate with District staff to resolve in-house requests.
- Prepare landscape restoration plans for natural resources, storm water facilities, and developed sites.
- Perform office duties including ordering drafting supplies and organizing flat file data and drawings.