Public Funding Specialist
Company: The Morton Arboretum
Type: Full Time
The Morton Arboretum is seeking a talented administrator to advance grant seeking efforts across the Arboretum. A successful candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, customer service-minded, and enjoy collaborating with colleagues. Position Summary:
Manage the Arboretum’s public funding grants program by identifying sources, managing internal processes, and editing grants and reports to grow the Arboretum’s grants portfolio. Responsible for providing specialized assistance regarding pre- and post-award administration and coordination of grant proposals, subawards, subcontracts, awards, and reports. As part of an interdepartmental grants team, work closely with colleagues who write and submit grants on behalf of their work at the Arboretum, through processes and ensure Arboretum compliance. Essential Functions:
- Provide expertise on federal agency opportunities, guidelines and procedures; stay current on changes and updates; interpret and communicate updates to project managers and assist in navigating changes.
- Serve as account administrator for all government grant digital platforms, assign roles and manage staff account permissions, and provide support and troubleshooting.
- Guide project managers through the pre-award process, answer questions, and provide needed resources. Check in on the project status, deadlines, and milestones and provide support throughout the process.
- Monitor and support post-award activities with project managers such as special requirements, interim reports, and final grant reports. Collaborate with the business office to ensure timely compliance reporting.
- Manage the internal review and approval process for all contracts, subcontracts, subawards, agreements and recommend process modifications and improvements.
- Train project managers on current internal policies and procedures; update and maintain the “Grant Toolkit” for project managers.
- Liaise with the business office and department staff and program grant seekers, to review budget documents in preparation for proposals and ensure grant administrative processes are performed in accordance with Arboretum and funder procedures and requirements.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal program managers to understand mission programs and projects in order to find new funding opportunities and effectively communicate with grant funders.
- Demonstrate alignment with the Arboretum’s employee core values to be inclusive, take ownership, work together, keep learning, and make the Arboretum exceptional.