Public Health Nurse
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is seeking a Public Health Nurse to join their team for the Westmont location. This is an ideal role for new graduates as well as experienced nursing professionals, who love the idea of working with the community. Responsibilities:
- Provides direct public health nursing, family case management, WIC nutrition counseling, and breastfeeding support to clients.
- Administers nursing services to pregnant, infant, and children in a clinic and community setting.
- Provides home visits, physical assessments, and referrals for high-risk infants, and children identified through the adverse pregnancy outcomes reporting system (APORS).
- Applies fluoride varnish to infants and children’s teeth in a clinical setting.
- Enrolls eligible clients in the family case management program, conducts home visits, and provides care coordination.
- Develops individual care plans for clients.
- Administers vaccines, perinatal depression screenings, and Ages and Stages Questionnaires.
- Provides education to individuals and families regarding their health needs and concerns.
- Completes required documentation in an electronic medical record.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.