Public Health Nurse – Immediate Hiring
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department seeks a Public Health Nurse to their team. The following are the responsibilities:
- Provides direct public health nursing services to assigned caseload; administers health care and nursing services in homes, clinics, schools, daycare facilities, and community settings.
- Assists with the training of staff; provides appropriate leadership and direction and promotes positive morale, creativity and teamwork among staff;.
- Delegates work assignments to co-workers as assigned; educates clients, both individually and in small groups, on a variety of health related topics.
- Organizes and participates in clinics as assigned; completes assessments and reassessments of needed health care and social services; develops individual care plans; provides appropriate referral information to clients; counsels individuals and families with their health needs and concerns.
- Completes paperwork, medical forms and health histories in a timely manner.
- Administers and records medications; provides nursing consultations; administers immunizations and screening tests;.
- Presents classroom or other community based presentations.
- Demonstrates independent judgment and discretion in making position related decisions.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- Available to respond to clients and/or customers, either in person or over the phone, during assigned business hours and/or clinic times.
- May serve as clinic or conference charge nurse.
- May conduct follow-up investigations on reported cases of communicable disease; may provide observational experience for college nursing students, assuming overall responsibility for the shared case.