Quality Control Manager
Company: ACW - Advanced Converting Works
Category: Management, Quality Control
Type: Full Time
ACW – Advanced Converting Works has a Quality Control Manager position open. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for managing the department with emphasis on coordinating and maintaining the floor support functions and monitoring effectiveness of QC personnel. Below lists the essential functions, requirements and qualifications for the position. Interested candidates may sent e-mail to email@example.com.
- Essential Functions:
- Ensures timely, efficient and accurate inspections and test protocols.
- Works with department managers in Production, Customer Service and Product Development to determine priority needs.
- Coordinates efficient start up approval checks and other inspections.
- Manages personnel including performance, time off requests, and payroll functions.
- Provides staffing and training suggestions.
- Leads daily department meetings and provides expectations and communicates priority needs.
- Serves as a resource on product knowledge.
- Oversees rework and sorting functions.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Manager to reduce quality claims, rework hours, and reduce overall defect rate.
- Identifies areas for improvement and implements procedures to reduce rework.
- Oversees Hold and Release areas to ensure timely release and disposition.
- Manages the Non Conformance Report (NCR) process including investigations, disposition and documentation.
- Documents and evaluates customer complaints, including root case and corrective action.
- Participates in daily production meetings and daily shift turnover meetings.
- Works with the training department to develop training and personal development plans.
- Participates in the internal auditing process.
- Work with other departments to focus on continuous improvements.
- May meet with customers as needed or upon request.
- Competency or Position Requirements:
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and in team setting, problem solver, and critical thinker.
- Computer skills required with knowledge of software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Communicate effectively through verbal and written materials.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in Quality control in a manufacturing setting
- 5 years of leadership experience including managing others
- Minimum of Associates degree in a related field is required.
- High Diploma or equivalent is required.