Company: Regal Rexnord
Type: Full Time
Regal Rexnord is seeking a Quality Inspector to join their team. This position covers several areas of inspection responsibility through-out the facility. This position is a critical link between the shop floor associates, and the engineering specifications and requirements. The person in this role will ensure that performance standards are met and take appropriate action where necessary to meet agreed deadlines, quality performance, and production targets. The role also includes cross training throughout the department, and assisting when there is a bottleneck in an inspection area, vacation fill-ins, or managing absences. You will be responsible for supporting team cohesion within the department and the facility and lead by example. Key accountabilities of this position are listed below.
- Ensure strict adherence to and implementation of Company Safety and Work rules.
- Performs inspection operations in each of the following areas:
- Final Inspection
- Heat Treat Inspection
- Plating Inspection
- Receiving QC Inspection
- Pre/Post OSP Inspection
- In-Process Inspection
- First Article Inspection
- Responsible for creation of nonconformance documentation (NCRs) when discrepancies are detected at any inspection stage. Removal of the discrepant material from the production areas.
- Maintain and support SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost) metrics in all areas assigned.
- Ensure that all quality requirements are being followed including procedural compliance and defect reporting. Act as a liaison between production associates and quality requirements.
- Maintaining all inspection data during daily inspections and responsible for ensuring all paperwork is in its proper place at the end of the shift.
- Communicate and coordinate with other members of the Quality team to ensure that all areas flow efficiently. Aid in absenteeism coverage to ensure all production requirements are met.
- Escalate production and assembly quality issues or work stoppages caused by a quality issue immediately.
- Set up and adjust gauges using required equipment or master’s per specification requirements. This includes periodic verifications of gage set-up.
- Work with quality engineering in the design of new or modified gauging when required.
- Ability to help the manufacturing area in troubleshooting and resolving gage issues.