Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Office and Administration
Type: Part Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn is seeking qualified candidates to serve as part-time Recording Secretary to Village Boards and Commissions. In that capacity, candidates perform a wide variety of duties related to the recording, preparation, transcription, and maintenance of accurate meeting records and documents. Position keeps a comprehensive log of items discussed and debated during public meetings and/or workshops. These records, also known as minutes, may cover what was accomplished, said, or decided at the meeting. This position notes the members who are present, records group decision, vote tally, and writes down actions in the order that they occurred. The Recording Secretary makes formal reports and copies of the minutes for distribution; and answers questions and provides information to Village officials, staff, and the public at the meetings. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Attend a variety of Board and Commission meetings and hearings; prepares official meeting minutes by accurately transcribing and distributing minutes and related information to Village officials and staff.
- Compose, type and proofread meeting minutes; types from recording or verbal instruction.
- Maintains a well-organized filing and document retrieval system; indexes all meeting notes from files to computer system; photocopies documents; ensures accurate filing procedures.
- Prepares and distributes draft and final minutes within established deadlines and in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
- Communicates via e-mail, telephone, and in person with a variety of Village officials, staff, and the public.
- Records meeting attendance.
- Secures and maintains recording equipment.