Records Clerk – Afternoons
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Data Entry, Office and Administration
Type: Part Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time Records
Clerk working in an afternoon shift schedule.
• Maintain and update reports and records in the Department’s record management system,
including scanning of related case documents for accurate record keeping purposes; maintain
the integrity of documents & information sensitive to public safety and law enforcement.
• Electronically capture, index, prepare and file information from structured and semi-structured
documents according to established record keeping systems.
• Assist the public by answering or seeking the answers to a variety of questions concerning the
Police Department and the Village regarding its ordinances, policies and procedures.
• Process all facets of parking citations including: data entry, receipt and post payments, prepare
violator notifications for Administrative hearing dates and fine escalations; update records as
• Receive and assess complaints from the public concerning violations of statute and ordinance
and/or the need for Village services; disseminate information concerning such complaints to
the appropriate authority or record such service needs as required by Department policy or
procedure. Interacts with and is knowledgeable of various Village departments.
• Perform record checks, issue permits, collect fees, and process subpoenas and requests for
public records, and mail requested reports to outside agencies in accordance with established
policies and procedures. Interacts with and is knowledgeable of various Village departments.
• Operate LEADS state records system to enter, modify, update, and retrieve data regarding
persons, vehicle and property records.
• Type a variety of police reports, forms, memos, letters and other material.
• Electronically transmit tickets and complaints to the Circuit Court Clerk.
• Retrieve, record, summarize, and assist in the preparation of a variety of statistical reports.