Records Clerks – Police Department
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Office and Administration
Type: Part Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for one open position of part-time Records Clerk. The job duties of the Records Clerk include, but are not limited to, a variety of responsible clerical and technical duties related to the maintenance of Police Department records; to provide assistance and information to Police Department staff, other Village Departments and the public; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to Village residents and the general public. Essential functions:
- Maintain and update reports and records in the Department’s record management system, including scanning of related case documents for accurate record keeping purposes; maintain the integrity of documents & information sensitive to public safety and law enforcement.
- Electronically capture, index, prepare and file information from structured and semi-structured documents according to established record keeping systems.
- Assist the public by answering or seeking the answers to a variety of questions concerning the Police Department and the Village regarding its ordinances, policies and procedures.
- Process all facets of parking citations including: data entry, receipt and post payments, prepare violator notifications for Administrative hearing dates and fine escalations; update records as necessary.
- Receive and assess complaints from the public concerning violations of statute and ordinance and/or the need for Village services; disseminate information concerning such complaints to the appropriate authority or record such service needs as required by Department policy or procedure. Interacts with and is knowledgeable of various Village departments.
- Perform record checks, issue permits, collect fees, and process subpoenas and requests for public records, and mail requested reports to outside agencies in accordance with established policies and procedures. Interacts with and is knowledgeable of various Village departments.
- Operate LEADS state records system to enter, modify, update, and retrieve data regarding persons, vehicle and property records.
- Type a variety of police reports, forms, memos, letters and other material.
- Electronically transmit tickets and complaints to the Circuit Court Clerk.
- Retrieve, record, summarize, and assist in the preparation of a variety of statistical reports.