Regional Accountant – $2,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Culligan by WaterCo
Category: Accounting & Finance
Type: Full Time
Culligan by WaterCo is hiring a Regional Accountant. Training will be provided by an experienced Regional Accountant for transition into the accounting responsibilities described below. The Regional Accountant reports directly to the Corporate Controller with an informational support requirement to the branch managers and regional managers. Being the liaison between the branch offices and the corporate accounting office with responsibility for completing the monthly financial statement close by the deadline which includes:
- Validation of branch files for accuracy and completeness.
- Preparation of journal entries including cost of goods sold, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, reclassifications.
- Inventory analysis to determine the cause of book to physical variances.
- Tracking receipt of branch data and maintaining final records.
- Review of financial statements for each branch in the region and account level variance analysis to identify errors and opportunities for improvement.
- Monthly in-depth discussion with each branch manager regarding the financial results.
- Training office management level staff in proper procedures and internal control practices and validating that the procedures are being followed. Key areas include daily cash deposits, daily billing, collections, accounts payable coding, approvals and data entry, inventory counts, fixed asset additions.
- Maintaining existing process documents and creating new process documents.
- Performing branch specific balance sheet account reconciliations, including but not limited to the following.
- Cash, Inventory, Accounts Receivable, Fixed assets, Refundable customer deposits.
- Deferred Income, Accrued Expenses.
- Provide budgeting assistance to the branch managers by gathering and analyzing data.
- Maintain and submit property tax data and work with property tax auditors as needed.
- Prepare various schedules for the external financial statement auditors and coordinate and review all branch-specific sample selections.
- Research sales tax-related questions within your region.
- Prepare various schedules for the corporate tax return.
- Manage payroll.
- Diligently work toward the completion of special projects, requests, and assignments.
- Must abide by all company policies as contained in the company employee handbook.