Company: Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS)
Type: Full Time
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire an independent, highly organized, and detail-oriented licensed Registered Nurse for the Ann M. Kiley Developmental Center located in Waukegan, Illinois. This position will be responsible for performing direct nursing care for people with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities. The successful candidate shall demonstrate good oral and written communication skills, be a self-starter, and be able to carry out nursing assignments pursuant to the direction of medical personnel. Job Responsibilities:
- Provides professional nursing care to individuals served on an assigned shift.
- Provides work-related guidance, instructions and explanations to lower level nursing staff and other direct support staff in the care of individuals, injury reduction, health and safety, hygiene, treatment, procedures, and the use of equipment.
- Attends treatment team meetings to update the Interdisciplinary Team on changes in medical status, additional medical needs and completes paperwork to document medical information in accordance with policies and guidelines.
- Performs quality assurance activities.
- Attends training to keep abreast of latest nursing techniques and concepts.
- Serves as Center-wide medical/nursing resource on the assigned shift during the absence of other professional nursing personnel.