Registry Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: DuPage County
Type: Full Time
DuPage County seeks a Registry Licensed Practical Nurse to join the Kenneth Moy DuPage Care Center team.
- Responding to residents’ calls and rendering service.
- Preparing and administering gastric tube feeding.
- Preparing, applying and changing simple and complicated dressings.
- Irrigating catheters; taking temperatures, pulses and blood pressures.
- Helping to prepare residents for special treatments and examinations.
- Providing clinical support to residents during social and recreational activities to include monitoring, coordinating and supervising food related activities with emphasis placed on residents with altered diets.
- Assisting with preparation and implementation of all house activities and community outings.
- Preparing daily and monthly charting of residents’ conditions and medications given.
- Assisting in the cleaning and sterilizing of equipment.
- Observing residents under oxygen and regulating oxygen as needed.
- Assisting with weekly drug and supply orders; keeping medicine cabinet in order.
- Accompanying visiting doctors on rounds and writing up doctors’ orders.
- Keeping progress report book complete and up to date.
- Supervising Nurses’ Aides in performance of routine tasks.