Resident Assistant – Addison Group Home
Company: DuPage County Health Department
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is seeking a Resident Assistant to join their team that focuses on teaching clients to live independently with the goal of being able to live self-sufficiently within a community. All positions provide an opportunity to make a positive difference in your community, while gaining valuable experience working in the field of Human Services. As a full-time DuPage County employee, you will be eligible for full comprehensive benefit package which includes: Paid Training, 12 Paid Holidays per year, 2 weeks of paid vacation, Paid sick and personal time. Health Insurance through Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Dental, Vision, IMRF Retirement Account, Additional Supplemental Insurance Available. Flexible spending Accounts, Prescription Plans, Disability Insurance. Qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, Tuition Reimbursement. Position Hours: Wednesday through Saturday 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm, with a starting rate of $15.00 per hour in addition to a shift differential of $2.00 per hour. They also offer a sign on bonus of $1,500.00, payable in your first check. Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to adult clients with serious behavioral health issues, n learning independent living skills using various methods of role modeling and motivational interviewing. Demonstrating and assisting with tasks such as; making a shopping list, preparing meals or following recipe instructions.
- Provides education and direction on proper hygiene and grooming and demonstrates housekeeping skills.
- Monitors overall personal safety of residents including crisis intervention.
- Participates and encourages clients with individual and group recreational activities such as sewing, cooking and art.
- Monitors medication effectiveness and may observe clients taking medications.
- Assists in facilitating transportation including assisting clients in attending all scheduled appointments.
- Performs tasks related to maintaining environmental standards in residential facilities and vehicles.
- Maintains records according to health department policies and assists in managing clients’ financial accounts.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.
- Participates in emergency activities as assigned.