Residential Assistance – Addison Group Home
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for a new team member at their Addison Group Home to work as a Residential Assistant. Working in this position, you will have the opportunity to provide life-changing assistance to adult clients, who live with behavioral health disorders. The program focuses on teaching clients to live independently with the goal of being able to live self-sufficiently within a community. All positions provide an opportunity to make a positive difference in your community, while gaining valuable experience working in the field of Human Services. Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to adult clients with serious behavioral health issues, n learning independent living skills using various methods of role modeling and motivational interviewing. Demonstrating and assisting with tasks such as making a shopping list, preparing meals or following recipe instructions.
- Provides education and direction on proper hygiene and grooming and demonstrates housekeeping skills.
- Monitors overall personal safety of residents including crisis intervention.
- Participates and encourages clients with individual and group recreational activities such as sewing, cooking and art.
- Monitors medication effectiveness and may observe clients taking medications.
- Assists in facilitating transportation including assisting clients in attending all scheduled appointments.
- Performs tasks related to maintaining environmental standards in residential facilities and vehicles.
- Maintains records according to health department policies and assists in managing clients’ financial accounts.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.
- Participates in emergency activities as assigned.