Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Type: Full Time
This position is on our second shift, with a four-day work week, Wednesday through Saturday 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm, starting rate is $15.00 per hour with a $2.00 per hour shift differential for our second shift and $2.50 per hour for our third shift. Offering a $500.00 retention bonus payable after six months and another $500.00 payable after one year. Overtime is available, but not required. Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to adult clients with serious behavioral health issues, in learning independent living skills using various methods of role modeling and motivational interviewing. Demonstrating and assisting with tasks such as making a shopping list, preparing meals or following recipe instructions.
- Provides education and direction on proper hygiene and grooming and demonstrates housekeeping skills.
- Monitors overall personal safety of residents including crisis intervention.
- Participates and encourages clients with individual and group recreational activities such as sewing, cooking and art.
- Monitors medication effectiveness and may observe clients taking medications.
- Assists in facilitating transportation including assisting clients in attending all scheduled appointments.
- Performs tasks related to maintaining environmental standards in residential facilities and vehicles.
- Maintains records according to health department policies and assists in managing clients’ financial accounts.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.
- Participates in emergency activities as assigned.