Company: DuPage County Health Department
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for a new team member at their Glen Ellyn Woods Group home to work as a Residential Assistant. Working in this position, you will have the opportunity to provide life-changing assistance to adult clients, who live with behavioral health disorders. The program focuses on teaching clients to live independently with the goal of being able to live self-sufficiently within a community. All positions provide an opportunity to make a positive difference in your community, while gaining valuable experience working in the field of Human Services.
- Provide assistance to adult clients with serious behavioral health issues, and learning independent living skills using various methods of role modeling and motivational interviewing. Demonstrating and assisting with tasks such as; making a shopping list, preparing meals or following recipe instructions.
- Provide education and direction on proper hygiene and grooming and demonstrates housekeeping skills.
- Monitor overall personal safety of residents including crisis intervention.
- Participate and encourages clients with individual and group recreational activities such as sewing, cooking and art.
- Monitor medication effectiveness and may observe clients taking medications.
- Assist in facilitating transportation including assisting clients in attending all scheduled appointments.
- Perform tasks related to maintaining environmental standards in residential facilities and vehicles.
- Maintain records according to health department policies and assists in managing clients’ financial accounts.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.
- Participate in emergency activities as assigned.