Residential Homeless Caseworker
Company: Catholic Charities
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Catholic Charities Diocese of Joliet is seeking a Residential Homeless Caseworker to join their team. Below lists some of the responsibilities of the position. Click on Apply Now to learn more about the responsibilities.
- Provides parent training and support in areas such as counseling to help parents learn appropriate techniques to overcome their difficulties with parenting through role modeling appropriate parent/child interactions.
- Ensures that all client files are complete and contain all required documents (i.e. income affidavit, releases, client plans, case notes, intake forms, termination forms, public aid/IDHS forms, aftercare plans, CSBG forms, etc.)
- Monitors and assists in writing and management of individualized client plans designed in consultation with the KPHH Supervisor.
- Reviews along with Supervisor client case files on a regular basis insuring that individualized client planning progresses.
- Assesses and evaluates with KPHH Supervisor residents for potential placement or referral for Transitional Housing, Permanent Supportive Housing Program or Homeless Prevention Services.
- Advises KPHH Supervisor when the client does not maintain individualized client plan.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and participates in on-going service planning for individual residents.
- Networks, when appropriate, with the community-at-large, depending on client needs. Advocate for clients and make appropriate professional contacts.