Residential Homeless Services Case Worker-On-Call
Company: Catholic Charities
Category: Support Services
Type: Full Time
Catholic Charities is seeking a Residential Homeless Services Case Worker who will be on-call to respond to the 24-hour crisis line including the use of crisis intervention, assessment, diversion and referral skills, management of client treatment and facility management. Some responsibilities are listed below. For full details, click on Apply Now.
- Demonstrates ability to make sound judgments, provide appropriate client services within the guidelines provided, and implement daily routine of Kathy Paulsen Hope House residence including chore schedules, room checks, and supervision of meal serving and clean-up.
- Manage the facility as a clean, comfortable, and orderly environment intervening directly with clients to that end and ensuring the facility meets health department and fire safety codes.
- Is aware of emergency procedures with regard to (a) building safety (b) client emergency, and (c) 24-hour coverage in order to respond to emergencies with immediacy while utilizing guidelines.
- Carries out duties in a professional manner that is consistent with Agency and program mission, goals, and objectives.
- Answers a 24-hour crisis line with awareness of agencies within DuPage County and the general metropolitan area, as possible resources for clients in crisis and callers at risk of homelessness.
- Utilizes crisis prevention and crisis intervention skills as necessary to the caller’s situation.
- Assesses clients utilizing the guidelines provided and complete the necessary forms and records, and make appropriate referrals for all callers not given intake appointments at Kathy Paulsen Hope House.
- Within the guidelines provided implements and provides a range of counseling services depending on client needs (i.e. individual or family counseling, crisis intervention, budget counseling, personal hygiene, money management, job seeking skills, etc.) and provide a supportive environment to shelter residents.