Residential Homeless Services Case Worker
Company: Catholic Charities
Category: Support Services
Type: Full Time
Catholic Charities is seeking a Residential Homeless Services Case Worker to respond to the 24-hour crisis line including the use of crisis intervention, assessment, diversion and referral skills, management of client treatment and facility management. Some responsibilities are listed below. For full details, click on Apply Now.
- Provides parent training and support in areas such as counseling to help parents learn appropriate techniques to overcome their difficulties with parenting through role modeling appropriate parent/child interactions.
- Ensures that all client files are complete and contain all required documents (i.e. income affidavit, releases, client plans, case notes, intake forms, termination forms, public aid/IDHS forms, aftercare plans, CSBG forms, etc.)
- Monitors and assists in writing and management of individualized client plans designed in consultation with the KPHH Supervisor.
- Reviews along with Supervisor client case files on a regular basis insuring that individualized client planning progresses.
- Assesses and evaluates with KPHH Supervisor residents for potential placement or referral for Transitional Housing, Permanent Supportive Housing Program or Homeless Prevention Services.
- Advises KPHH Supervisor when the client does not maintain individualized client plan.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and participates in on-going service planning for individual residents.
- Networks, when appropriate, with the community-at-large, depending on client needs. Advocate for clients and make appropriate professional contacts.