Safety Specialist Crisis Services Overnight Shift 4 Day work week!
Company: DuPage County Health Department (DCHD)
Category: Administrative Support, Healthcare
Type: Full Time
In preparation for the opening of the Crisis Recovery Center, DuPage County Health Department Crisis Services is expanding the team to include the role of Safety Specialist. The Safety Specialist role will be one of the first points of contact for individuals coming into the current facility seeking crisis services and support. Staff in these roles will have primary responsibility for greeting and assisting clients upon entry into the building, overseeing the reception areas, and supporting a safe environment for all in the building. Four Day Work Week! The specific hours for this posting are Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday from 11:30 pm to 9:30 am. The starting pay for this position is $15.00 per hour (salary may increase due to experience) along with a shift differential of $2.50 per hour for working on the 3rd shift. Responsibilities:
- Primary greeter of clients entering our building seeking services.
- Responsible for management of the crisis services waiting room.
- Gathers preliminary information from clients seeking services.
- Monitors overall personal safety of residents including crisis intervention.
- Provides assistance with belonging check for residential clients.
- May facilitate transportation of our clients in a county vehicle.
- Performs tasks related to maintaining environmental standards in facility.
- Maintains records according to health department policies.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.
- Participates in emergency activities as assigned.
- Requirements: Two years of experience in social services or behavioral health settings which included regular interactions with client population; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.