Security Operations Team Lead
Company: Sentinel Technologies
Type: Full Time
The Security Operations Center Team Lead will be a member of the Sentinel Security Operations Center and will work closely with the Security Operations Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for mentoring and developing talent, improving processes and procedures for security related events, acting as a technical escalation point, and developing and enhancing our current and future security offerings for both Sentinel and our customer base. Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in information security or related technology experience required.
- Strong knowledge of technology and security controls related to the detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and recovery from cyber security incidents.
- A good understanding of how threat actors work.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and other networking principles.
- Professional Certifications are highly recommended, such as: SANS (GCIA/GCIH/GCTI), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and CISSP is highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, and clients both verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for developing new security offerings and enhancing the existing offerings and practices.
- Develop playbooks for operational responses to security and cyber threats.
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure alerts are addressed with relevancy, accuracy, and in a timely manner.
- Experience with endpoint forensics, malware remediation, and advanced attack detection.
- Provide expertise and assistance to SOC analysts for incident identification, assessment, reporting, communication, remediation guidance, and monitoring.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing the SOC team from associate to senior level SOC analysts with the objectives of advancing the individuals technical skill set, improving internal and external communication skills, and expanding overall consulting skills.
- Identify, evaluate, develop and report SOC related metrics via dashboards and/or reports for both internal and customer facing.