Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Accounting and Finance
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team to process and manage state sales tax and fixed assets accounting functions. Analyze and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts and resolve all variances. Process miscellaneous daily cash and other accounting duties as assigned. Some duties and responsibilities are:
- Prepare and file returns for sales and use tax in multiple states within established timelines, including local jurisdictions.
- Manage state sales taxes including filings, special event permits, reports, and preparation of responses to sales and use tax notices when required. Serve as primary liaison with the outsourced sales tax compliance vendor.
- Maintain state sales tax exemption database and taxable products database within sales tax software.
- Serve as accounting department expert regarding taxable products maintained in sales management system, including the flow of transactions between the sales management system and the taxation software.
- Process accounting transactions of all fixed assets and leases (both capital and operating), including depreciation. Examine budget details for any potential fixed asset invoices.
- Prepare a daily cash reconciliation and market valuation report.
- Process outgoing bank wires and ensure compliance with AAP policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, allocations, and internal sales analysis and reclassification entries.