Senior Civil Engineer
Company: DuPage County
Type: Full Time
DuPage County seeks a Senior Civil Engineer within the Stormwater Management Department. Responsibilities are the following:
- Reviews development plans for compliance with DuPage County Countywide Stormwater and Flood Plain Ordinance, as well as other State and Federal regulations.
- Advises private builders, subdivision developers and others regarding stormwater regulations.
- Performs hydrologic and hydraulic analysis related to project design, watershed planning and project permitting.
- Completes design and prepares permits for in-house drainage and stormwater projects.
- Oversees work performed by consultants or assigned staff on a wide variety of projects.
- Assists with County’s Voluntary Buyout Program.
- Prepares grant applications for funding opportunities.
- Plans and assigns work, gives instructions and provides guidance on engineering problems.
- Leads the work of professional and technical employees engaged in the preparation of designs, plans, estimates and preliminary reports for County construction and improvement projects.
- Makes field inspections on work in progress and completed projects.
- Prepares and/or leads the preparation of plans and contracts.