Senior Contract Negotiator
Company: Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (Illinois Tollway)
Category: Development, Purchasing
Type: Full Time
The Illinois Tollway seeks a Senior Contract Negotiator to join their team. The Senior Contract Negotiator provides senior level support to the Purchasing Services Manager and/or the Procurement and Construction Services Manager. The Incumbent is responsible for strategic negotiations for all contracts and contract-related instruments and for handling complex construction and non-construction Invitations for Bids (IFB), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Professional Services Bulletins (PSB). The Senior Contract Negotiator, under the direction of the Purchasing Services Manager or the Procurement and Construction Services Manager, is responsible for negotiating contracts, renewals, amendments, change orders, supplements, terms and conditions, MOUs and other contract instruments.
- Responsible for handling and sourcing complex procurements including goods and services, construction, engineering, architecture, land surveying and other professional services.
- Provides training, support and technical assistance to the Senior Buyer, Contract Analyst, and other procurement staff.
- Oversee and review the work of Senior Buyers, Contract Analysts, and Buyers for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist management with department work activities, reporting, and special projects. Ensure that Tollway procurement policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to by staff and outside vendors.
- Responsible for researching and developing complex construction and non- construction Invitations for Bids (IFB), Requests for Proposals (RFP), Professional Services Bulletins (PSB).