Senior Development Officer I
Company: Catholic Charities
Category: Development, Nonprofit
Type: Full Time
Catholic Charities is seeking a Senior Development Officer who will be responsible for securing funding which meets or exceeds annual budget goals as determined by the Director. The essential functions of the position are:
- Independently initiates, builds, and manages successful relationships with donors, major donors, prospects and key constituents recommending and implementing specific objectives resulting in increased funding and improved donor relations.
- Initiates well-planned and strategic funding requests with donors resulting in increased revenue that is used to help programs meet their needs.
- Researches, prepares and executes detailed, individualized solicitation plans with major donors and corporate partners resulting in significant, consistent financial support.
- Conducts, prepares and secures research and pertinent information regarding donor abilities and giving potential through multiple, professional sources including but not limited to Wealth Engine, Donors Forum resources, web-based searches, Raiser’s Edge (RE) notes, etc.
- Attends all fundraising events and actively engages participants, especially those to whom they are assigned.
- Attends appropriate fundraising seminars and participates in formalized philanthropic networking groups.
- Represents the Agency at functions and meetings, including but not limited to the local Chamber of Commerce meetings and events, civic club meetings, etc.
- Creates and presents key fundraising initiatives and specific endeavors that identify new and additional sources of revenue for the agency, as well as effectively persuade current donors to the next level of giving.
- Maintains the Panas Points System of Contacts in RE meeting minimum contact requirements as established by the Director.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date contact relationship notes in RE and utilizes other reporting tools as designated by the Director.
- Initiates and manages personalized forms of donor recognition and communication.
- Cooperatively interfaces with Board members, staff and others in facilitating relationships and identifying avenues of economic support.
- Examines ways of packaging and marketing programs and needs to potential financial supporters in a diplomatic, sensitive, professional and effective manner.
- Initiates and prepares quality presentations in order to encourage financial support to the organization and increase agency visibility.
- Meets on a regularly scheduled basis with the Director and the Development Team.