Senior Education Specialist
Company: Midwestern University
Type: Full Time
Midwestern University is seeking a Senior Education Specialist to join their team. The Senior Education Specialist reports directly to the Associate Dean, Student Services and works as part of the Student Counseling and Academic Support Center team in Student Services, with the primary responsibility of supporting the Office of Student Services by providing extra instruction and tutoring to Midwestern University students, with a priority to Basic Science courses. The incumbent in this position may be required to work evening or weekend hours. The Senior Education Specialist’s duties are primarily to:
- Coordinate with the Student Services Learning Specialist as part of the Student Counseling and Academic Support Center team to best assist students academically.
- As part of the Student Counseling and Academic Support Center team, coordinate with Departmental Chairs, Course Directors, Colleges/Programs to monitor student academic performance to identify students in academic difficulty and to discuss curricular areas where students often struggle.
- Meet weekly with Basic Science faculty/Course Directors (Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology/Immunology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Physiology) to review and discuss course content/difficult content areas.
- Attend classes synchronously or asynchronously as necessary.
- Provide content-based group review sessions and/or workshops for students prior to exams.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring, when possible, for select students that have been approved for individual tutoring by the Academic Deans, Program Directors and/or Course Directors.
- Provide weekly office hours for students.
- Serve on appropriate College/Departmental committees/meetings as requested.
- Other Student Services duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean, Student Services.