Senior Electrical Project Engineer
Category: Electrical, Engineering / Drafting
Type: Full Time
Ametek/Magnetrol is seeking a Senior Electrical Project Engineer to join their team. As a Senior Electrical Project Engineer you will research, design, develop, tests and documents circuits for embedded, real-time microprocessor based instruments in conjunction with firmware and mechanical product development. In this role, you will also contributes to planning, organizing and improving activities of current designs. Responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing electronics as it applies to embedded, real-time microprocessor based instruments per product requirements. This includes both the development of new products as well as enhancements/fixes for existing products.
- Analyzing product requirements, researching current technologies, and collaborating with other firmware/electrical/mechanical engineers to assess feasibility and developing solutions which optimize performance and cost.
- Documenting schematic and layout designs per established procedures/standards and provides additional documentation, including test plans, and working with Test Engineering to improve auto test, as required.
- Contributing to project planning, including estimating effort and cost, prioritizing/ordering tasks, and negotiating responsibilities.
- Providing support for other associates and/or customers including: mentoring less experienced engineers, assisting with the creation of product manuals and other sales literature, trouble-shooting customer issues and answering sales questions.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement, both for products and processes.