Senior Engineering Technician
Company: DuPage County
Type: Full Time
DuPage County has a Senior Engineering Technician position open. This position is with the DuPage County Stormwater Management Department. Responsibilities are the following:
- Reviews engineering drawings, plans and specifications for construction or revision to land or physical characteristics of land owned or controlled by the County.
- Develops drawings, plans, and documents accurately depicting collected data and survey points.
- Inspects job sites and contractor’s work to ensure standards and specifications, lines, grades and traffic control are satisfied.
- Works with testing agencies to verify that concrete, asphalt and other mixtures meet construction specifications.
- Confers with engineers, developers, consulting engineers, architects and contractors.
- Identifies unacceptable features and obtains corrections.
- Obtains plans and agreements to meet standards.
- Works with engineering staff to develop and coordinate easement agreements, including preparation of legal descriptions and exhibits..
- Conducts field inspections.
- Performs field surveys to assist with design and maintenance of stormwater and drainage projects, and facility maintenance.
- Coordinates with technical staff for continued operation and maintenance of the department’s flood control facilities.
- Works with internal maintenance crew and vendors to address stream blockages countywide.
- Reviews and submits plans and revisions for approval by senior engineers.
- Corresponds with developers and others regarding complaints and required corrections.
- Inspects revised work for conformity.
- Provides technical assistance where applicable.
- Logs in new files.
- Provides guidance and shares knowledge with other staff and the public regarding department policies and procedures, such as the stream maintenance program.