Senior Member Engagement Manager
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics is seeking a manager to guide all aspects of AAP senior member engagement, including advocacy, career and leadership transitions, recognition, and support of chapter, section, council, and committee involvement across the organization. This role will collaborate across the AAP on senior member initiatives and manage the implementation of a centralized senior member engagement strategy, and support key programs across all member segments within the Chapter, District, and Member Engagement (CDME) team. Tasks include:
- Manage the Section on Senior Members (SOSM), including project planning facilitation, agenda development, meeting planning, minutes, bylaws, annual report, and budget preparation and tracking. Ensure work is completed in accordance with AAP policies.
- Guide the development and implementation of the annual strategic plan for SOSM, including oversight of the section’s subcommittees.
- Lead the election and appointment processes for leadership positions within SOSM governance structures.
- Facilitate, implement, and evaluate section initiatives and projects, including written publications, child advocacy award, and CME activities, such as the SOSM educational program at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition (National Conference).
- Develop and support innovative strategies to engage senior members as they transition out of practice, as well as transition leadership roles within the organization.
- Serve as subject matter expert on senior member engagement, collaborating with AAP chapter, section, council, and committee staff and member leaders, to create innovative ways to continue to engage and include senior members in AAP activities and initiatives.
- Manage key communication processes supporting the SOSM, including the Senior Bulletin, collaboration spaces, and email outreach.
- Collaborate with staff to support and deliver member value to senior members.
- Prepare and present data and information on senior members to staff, member leaders, and funders as needed.
- Facilitate, implement, and evaluate CDME member segment programs, such as the Advocacy Conference Scholarships, chapter engagement/representative lists, and the Health Equity Grant program to include mentorship support from the SOSM.
- Support leadership development programs within CDME.
- Support the annual trainee program delegate selection process, including travel support for the National Conference.
- Manage assigned budgets and provide variance reports as requested.