Senior Transportation Analyst
Company: Edward Don & Company
Category: Analyst, Transportation & Logistics
Type: Full Time
Edward Don and Company is seeking a Senior Transportation Analyst to join their team. This position develops and executes planning, analytical, and performance monitoring tools. The Senior Analyst is responsible to manage programs and/or projects to a desired outcome and make recommendations/implement performance standards and improvements. Also responsible to identify and execute ongoing transportation programs and projects that focus on improving service and lowering cost. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Program Management – Manage and ensure carrier and vendor programs support overall DON strategy. Responsible for day to day administration and oversight of program(s) and the associated service and financial performance of that program in alignment with transportation goals. This includes the facilitation of regular business reviews, engaging directly with carriers and vendors to address compliance/performance and managing third party logistics providers.
- Projects – In partnership with key internal stakeholders, responsible for the identification, execution and implementation of projects focused on improving service and lowering cost across areas of focus (modes). Lead and coordinate with other analysts and business partners to achieve project goals.
- Responsible for ongoing RFP/bid activity and reviews, including pulling historical data, creating/analyzing baseline, supporting strategy development, carrier negotiations, ad hoc analysis, and program implementation.
- Responsible to utilize experience and communication skills to drive best transportation solutions to evaluate costs/service in support of cross functional activities such as emergency expedites, weather related emergencies, customer/Sales service change requests, etc.
- Assists Finance with the periodic review of inbound vendor freight factors.
- Other duties include but are not limited to freight quoting, freight bill payment and assistance with freight claims processing.