Sewer System Engineering Technician
Company: Downers Grove Sanitary District
Category: Engineering, Technician
Type: Full Time
The Downers Grove Sanitary District is seeking a Sewer System Engineering Technician to join their team. This position will be responsible for maintenance of programs relating to District’s comprehensive infiltration and inflow removal and sewer system rehabilitation policy and providing technical assistance to the operation and maintenance of the sanitary sewer system. Pay range for this position is $25.66 – $38.50 per hour. Actual salary will be based on applicant’s applicable education and work experience. Reports directly to the Sewer System Maintenance Supervisor. Some responsibilities are the following below. For full details, click on Apply Now.
- Assists with all activities related to flow basin rehabilitation program including evaluate system data, recommend repairs, customer service, construction administration and program monitoring.
- Assists with all activities related to administration and monitoring of Building Sanitary Service Repair Assistance Program, Overhead Sewer Program and Reimbursement Program for Sewer Backups Caused by Public Sanitary Sewer Blockages.
- Responsible for flow metering program including meter installation, meter removal, data retrieval, data review and analysis, and report preparation.
- Assess pipe and manhole conditions from television inspections using Pipeline Assessment Certification Program (PACP, MACP, LACP) and recommend appropriate rehabilitation.
- Assist in the design and review of plans and specifications for the construction of sanitary sewers into unsewered areas, special assessment areas, new construction and sewer replacements.
- Review subdivision and commercial development engineering plans for sanitary sewer system.
- Maintain Geographic Information System (GIS) database within ESRI ArcMap software and LUCITY infrastructure management software
- Analyze and measure results of sewer system operations in order to effectively assist with planning and prioritizing future work schedules.
- Assist with construction management for sanitary sewer system projects.
- Prepare cost estimates for sewer system projects.
- Perform sewer maintenance activities including responding to sewer backups and high flow conditions, preventative maintenance flushing and manhole inspections and repairs.