SOC Analyst – Level 1
Company: Sentinel Technologies
Type: Full Time
Sentinel has a Level 1 SOC Analyst position open. The Security Operations Center Analyst will be responsible planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks, and data. This person will act as a first responder to cyber-incidents. They report cyber threats and then implement changes to protect our customer’s environments. Your ability to analyze real traffic and associated artifacts: malicious, normal, and application traffic; and demonstrate the ability to differentiate malicious traffic from false positives will be critical in this position. Qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a security related position.
- Certifications preferred: CCNA, Security+, GCIA, Certified Ethical Hacker, and CISSP.
- Experience performing daily system monitoring and health checks for various security products.
- Confident triaging alerts and reports of incidents.
- Confident analyzing real traffic and associated artifacts: malicious, normal, and application traffic; and demonstrate the ability to differentiate malicious traffic from false positives.
- Configuring firewalls, data encryption, and other security measures.
- Understanding of how DNS works for both legitimate and malicious purposes.
- Understanding basic network protocols and traffic flow in an enterprise environment.