SOC Engineer – Second Shift
Company: Sentinel Technologies
Downers Grove, Remotely
Type: Full Time
Sentinel seeks a SOC Engineer to join their team. The SOC Engineer is a key member of the Threat Operations Team and will be responsible for supporting alarm research and development in our proprietary security platform as well as performing research on emerging threats and providing communication to our customers. This person will act as a technical expert in their detections as well as a collaborative point of escalation for their Threat Operations team. Your ability to analyze logs, actively pursue the most cutting-edge industry news and events, think like an attacker, and correlate information across wide data sets will be critical in this position This position will require you to work 4:30pm-1am Monday-Friday. Job Duties:
- Craft, maintain, and document detection opportunities within our proprietary security platform.
- Perform necessary correlation and research to create useful, compelling, and context-rich alerts for our customers.
- Pursue research into current threats and industry trends to be aware of the most up-to-date threats affecting the environments under our vigilance.
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction through communication and custom deliverables, maintaining strong customer relationships through external and inter-departmental collaboration.
- Drive initiatives to create detection content based on findings stemming from threat hunts and ad hoc detection opportunities.