Social Services Director/ Social Worker
Company: Covenant Living at Windsor Park
Category: Management, Social Work
Type: Full Time
Covenant Living at Windsor Park is seeking a Social Services Director. The Social Services Director is responsible for directing the social service functions which include the planning, development and implementation of appropriate programs designed to address the emotional and psychological needs of campus residents in multiple levels of care and their families. This position is responsible for actively participating in the resident assessment process and in assisting the facilitating of inter-facility transfers. This position serves as a resident advocate within the campus. In this role, the Social Services Director / Social Worker will:
- Assist as the facility representative with prospective residents, families and discharge planners for persons in need of skilled nursing care.
- Provide social assessment of residents upon admission and identify psychosocial needs in compliance with State and Federal Regulations.
- Assist with orientation of residents to the skilled nursing facility and services.
- Collect and accurately record admission data including social, medical and financial information and address questions and concerns and family adjustment.
- Maintain current documentation in resident’s health record as it relates to the social services care component of the comprehensive care plan for each resident as identified by the interdisciplinary team.
- Assure that appropriate care plan documentation as required by regulations and need is complete.
- Participate in resident care planning meetings for ongoing departmental communication and problem-solving of delivery of Social Services to residents and families.
- Assist residents and/or families in selecting new physicians as necessary.
- Assist in the communication of appropriate information to departments regarding admission or discharge.
- Function as an advocate for residents and/or families in ensuring resident rights are carried out.
- Provide regular contacts with families and act as liaison for families with the resident care team.
- Establishes regular family support meetings pertaining to medically related social and emotional needs or care.
- Explain government and facility policies to new residents/families.