Space Planning Analyst II
Company: Ace Hardware
Category: Analyst, Planning
Type: Full Time
Ace Hardware Corporate is seeking a Space Planning Analyst II to join their team. The Space Planning Analyst II is responsible for maintenance and documentation of planograms to support Ace recommended assortments. Position is a collaborative role with Category Analysts, Merchandising, and Store Planning to ensure planograms are “retail-ready” upon publication.
- Category Scope: Space Planning Analyst II will have ownership of various categories of product, ranging in complexity across all Ace domestic and EJD channels.
- Visual Merchandising: Space Planning Analyst II will be responsible for upholding visual merchandising standards.
- Analytics/Efficiency –Space Planning Analyst II will leverage JDA Space Planning reports, tables and highlights to support POG analysis. This role will also be responsible for POG efficiency and accuracy.
- Responsible for the development of display standards that follow Category Management and Merchandising Strategies by engaging customers, stimulating sales and generating margins.
- In conjunction with the Category Management Analysts, develop POGs that follow fundamental retail strategies while challenging traditional methods. Constantly look for display methods that improve the model while maintaining the integrity of the POG set.
- Responsible for building POGs within our warehouse facility and model store. Responsible for documenting and publishing planograms, images, recommended quantities, all planogram & product attributes for use on ACENET, with Shelf Management Services, and in stores.
- Work cross functionally with Category Management, Merchandising, Retail Operations and Retail Development to ensure that the proper tools and training are developed to successfully support corporate initiatives.
- Stay current with the marketplace and understand how trends can impact Ace’s business approach. Store visits and seminar/trade show attendance calendar should be scheduled throughout the year to stimulate thought … i.e. “is there a better way?”
- Collaborate with the Category Management Analysts to analyze the performance of changes made. Understand the impact of the change, what has driven and contributed to success and use that information to improve the store model.
- Utilize JDA Space Planning to develop POG reporting, highlights, tables and tools that provide the Category Analyst with POG productivity data that will support their category insights.
- Communication and understanding of how and why we merchandise is key to our retailers, Field Staff and internal partners. The space planning analyst is expected to uphold these standards as well as effectively communicate them to key stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of all planograms, ensuring accuracy of images, dimensions, fixtures and assortment updates.