Sponsored Programs Coordinator
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Accounting/Finance, Administrative Support
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics has a Sponsored Programs Coordinator position open. This position will provide accounting and administrative support for sponsored programs activities.
- Set up and maintain sponsored programs accounts with effective start and end dates and assign access rights within the financial systems and collaboration sites; deactivate expired accounts.
- Enter sponsored program account budgets and update for amendments.
- Ensure procurement and subrecipient contracts have the required attachments and approvals, and supporting documentation is saved to the collaboration site; encumber/unencumber related transactions.
- Serve as team lead of grant collaboration and intranet sites, ensuring resources, training materials, and forms are kept current and expired Request for Proposal documents are removed.
- Assist Sponsored Programs team in preparing budgets, proposals, and other documents required for timely submission of application packages and other reports.
- Prepare monthly AR invoices, process cost transfers and other journal entries.
- Support the month and year-end close processes by running reports needed for account reconciliations.
- Coordinate the annual Subrecipient Monitoring process; update the questionnaire, send requests and follow-up with subrecipients to ensure questionnaires and current audit reports are returned.
- Ensure grant files on the collaboration site are complete and comply with funder and AAP record retention requirements.
- Provide backup for the Sponsored Programs Specialists; review contracts and sponsored programs accounts payable for accurate coding and appropriate level of approval.
- Maintain a master schedule of upcoming deadlines for proposals, progress and financial reports, prior approval requests, budget revisions, and other required filings.
- Provide administrative and project support to Senior Director and Sponsored Programs team with special projects.
- Foster collaborative working relationships with program staff. Ensure a high degree of customer focus and satisfaction, and maintain a collaborative, positive team spirit that encourages cooperation and communication between key service units and staff.
- Provide backup for the Finance Executive Assistant and the contract approval process.