Category: Accounting and Finance
Type: Full Time
Ametek/Magnetrol has an opening for the Staff Accountant position. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the provision of general ledgers, records, and financial reports, the preparation and analysis of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and the performance of general bookkeeping. Primary/Essential Responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable
- Process customer invoices, credits, and payments
- Interact with customers to resolve invoicing issues and prevent credit holds
- Maintain customer’s sales tax certification forms/monthly reporting
- Reviews general ledger (G/L) activity regarding receivables to ensure all activity is properly recorded
- Accounts Payable
- Process payments to vendors and associated credits.
- Verify goods received and reconcile against open requisitions.
- Set up and maintain vendor remit-to information via the AMETEK banking callback database.
- Interact with vendors to resolve invoicing issues and prevent payment holds.
- Reviews general ledger (G/L) activity regarding payables to ensure all activity is properly recorded
- Month-end Close Process
- Participates in the month end close activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prepare and evaluate balance sheet and income statement information, determining variances and trends and report to management.
- Participate in month end reporting packages
- Assist with balancing Intercompany
- Maintains overall responsibility for assigned month-end journal entries, account reconciliations and monthly reporting requirements
- Assist in Sarbanes Oxley compliance testing.
- Process Improvement
- Evaluates existing accounting methods and processes to automate and streamline.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed