Company: Our Children's Homestead
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Our Children’s Homestead is seeking a Staff Therapist to join their team. This position will provide a sign-on bonus of $3,000. Sign-on bonus will be distributed to person selected for this position after 6 months of successful employment with the agency. The Therapist is committed to helping our youth build a strong, stable foundation of support and develop opportunities that enable them to discover and sustain a positive life. The Therapist is a collaborative member of the Treatment Family Care (TFC) team who will be capable of motivating youth, their families, and foster parents to engage in the therapeutic process. Some essential duties and responsibilities are:
- Assess and evaluate mental health needs as outlined by Medicaid and complete mental health assessment and coordinating treatment plan using the Integrated Assessment and Treatment Planning process.
- Provide individual and family therapy to assigned caseload of youth and their biological and foster families in order to promote positive cognitive, behavioral or psychological changes as identified in the treatment plan, i.e., weekly, 2x/weekly, and in accordance with the permanency plan.
- Provide crisis intervention to youth and families and psycho-education regarding specific clinical needs of youth.
- Assist in placement stabilization by assessing barriers and developing stabilization plans as needed to support youth and foster family.
- Document all services rendered and any significant interactions using Medicaid and TFC guidelines and submit to supervisor in required time frames.
- Participate in decision-making related to youth’s care and treatment by attending internal and external clinical staffings and advocating for clients’ emotional and physical well-being.
- Communicate pertinent events/aspects of a youth’s case with all team members on an ongoing basis.
- Supervise visitation when therapeutic intervention is needed.