Supervisor, Patient Accounts – Medical Billing and Collections
Company: ATI Physical Therapy
Category: Accounts, Healthcare, Management
Type: Full Time
ATI Physical Therapy is seeking a Supervisor for the Patients Accounts/Medical Billing and Collections division. The Supervisor, Patient Accounts oversees and directs the activities of a 5+ person collections team. The supervisor will identify training opportunities and process improvements within the specific collections discipline. The position includes direct contact with patients, insurance companies, administration and vendors. Additionally, the individual is responsible for weekly reporting to the Collections Manager on accounts receivable and productivity. Essential Functions:
- Direct supervision of collections team.
- Increase and maintain moral among employees.
- Assist collections manager in management of accounts in collection process, and productivity of collections staff with a strong patient focused approach.
- Ensure that all monthly statements, daily billing, collection letters, daily reports, and productivity reports are complete, timely and accurate, according to schedule.
- Conduct and report on bi-weekly quality assurance audits.
- Accurately prepare weekly productivity report for Director.
- Assist in analyzing the current billing office positions, suggesting ways to improve future cash flow.
- Help identify changes in policy and procedures for collections, billing and cash departments to improve office efficiencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of new and changing laws and regulations regarding billing and collection issues.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of third party payers including Medicare, Medicaid, worker’s compensation and local HMO/PPO’s.
- Maintain working knowledge of the current billing office system and perform ongoing training to billing office staff as needed. 12. Interviews candidates for Senior Patient Account and Patient Account Specialists as necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing training for Senior Patient Account and Patient Account Specialists.
- Responsible for overseeing performance and any related counseling of Senior Patient Account and Patient Account Specialists, up to and including recommendation for termination of employment.