Technical Support Representative 1
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Healthcare, IT, Technical Support
Type: Full Time
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is seeking a Technical Support Representative I to deliver quality technical services and support to end users by researching and answering questions; tracking and troubleshooting problems; and configuring and maintaining hardware and software. This person will manage vendor relationships pertaining to maintenance and next level support for IT products and services. They will also assist with providing setup and support of virtual and hybrid meetings in the AAP on-site Conference Center using various platforms and technologies.
- Accept and prioritize staff requests via phone, email, walk-up, and web. Ensure all requests are entered into ticketing system and resolved or escalated in accordance with service level agreements.
- Install and configure approved staff hardware and software. Stay abreast of current technology roadmaps to plan and undertake scheduled maintenance upgrades and replacements.
- Provide technical assistance to staff. Diagnose, test, and repair hardware or software problems with computers, laptops, peripherals, and phones.
- Provide support for all printing, streaming, and A/V equipment and coordinate maintenance needs and next level support with systems staff and/or contracted vendors.
- Provide daily operational and technical support of video conferences and virtual meetings and events using various platforms and technologies such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx and Zoom.
- Serve as the IT subject matter expert on virtual meeting orchestration. Keep current on new conferencing/meeting platforms and trends, and make recommendations on new systems, upgrades, and procedures to improve meeting host and attendee experience.
- Respond to after-hours emergency technical issues as required.