Type: Full Time
A Telecommunicator is responsible for answering 9-1-1 telephone lines and recording and relaying sensitive information that may involve life and death situations. Experienced Telecommunicators starting salary range $57,990 – $66,798 for 2-4 years’ experience. Starting pay $69,826 for 5+ years’ experience.
Employees will rotate on all 3 shifts during their first 2 years, therefore all applicants must have the ability to work any of the 3 shifts, weekends and holidays along with overtime that may be mandatory. Schedules are based on a 21 day cycle where you never work more than 4 days in a row and are off every 3rd weekend.
• Paid time off (PTO) of 208 hours each year once phone certified
• Group health insurance:: Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO or PPO plans
o Employee only plans as low as $73 per month for HMO, $95 per month for PPO
o Family plans as low as $226 per month for HMO, $286 per month for PPO
• $30,000 group life insurance
• IMRF pension
• Represented by Illinois Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council (ILFOPLC)
• Tactical/MERIT/IL-TERT dispatcher opportunities
• New facility in 2018