Company: Illinois Tollway
Type: Full Time
Illinois Tollway is seeking a Telecommunicator to join their team. The Telecommunicator is responsible for facilitating emergency communications, dispatching public safety personnel and Tollway equipment, and documenting and relaying mission critical information which could involve life and death situations. The Telecommunicator will efficiently operate a variety of public safety communication center equipment and software, including but not limited to Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) application, emergency and non-emergency telephone systems, StarCom 21 radio system, Call check, and GIS. The Telecommunicator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 50% – Processes and disseminates requests for the Tollway’s public safety resources including Illinois State Police Officers, Highway Maintainers, Roadway Electric, Engineering, and local Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services with accuracy and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practices of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority and Illinois State Police. Operates a variety of public safety communication center equipment and software, including but not limited to Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) application, Emergency and non-emergency telephone systems, StarCom21 radio system, Call Check and GIS.
- 30% – Accurately performs data entry and inquiries into various Law Enforcement data banks including LEADS and NCIC which includes the entry and file maintenance of wanted and missing person information and information concerning stolen vehicles and property.
- 10% – Monitors alarm of the various Tollway systems including environmental alarms.
- 5% – Promptly and courteously communicates with Tollway patrons, Tollway personnel and external agencies and preforms routine notifications to Tollway personnel including, Engineering and Maintenance, executive staff, internal contractors, and public utilities.
- 5% – Performs and assists with other departmental duties as required.