Territory Manager – Chicago Southwest Suburbs
Company: U.S. Foods
Bensenville, SW Suburbs
Type: Full Time
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage established as well as new customers, by selling food and non-food items to achieve sales and profitability goals. Primary areas of responsibilities are:
• Primary owner of customer relationship.
• Selling, and engaging customers in value added activities.
• Leveraging other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
US Foods has a comprehensive training program for the Territory Manager position.
The ideal candidate for this role will live in the SW suburbs of Chicago and have experience in as a Restaurant GM, Executive Chef or Foodservice Distribution Sales role. Restaurant AND Sales experience is highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster the customer relationship in a team based selling model.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (e.g., delivery mis picks, short on loads, stock-outs).
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Know the market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Drive motor vehicle to existing customers, and prospects, to ensure product delivery, which may include lifting/carrying up to 75lbs.