Company: U.S. Foods
Category: Management, Sales
DuPage County area
Type: Full Time
US Foods is seeking a Territory Manager to join their team. The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage established as well as new customers, by selling food and non-food items to achieve sales and profitability goals. Primary areas of responsibilities are: • Primary owner of customer relationship • Selling, and engaging customers in value added activities. • Leveraging other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening USF has a comprehensive training program for the Territory Manager position. In many cases, newly-hired TMs will be classified as TM Unassigned (E8072) until the employee successfully completes the training program and is assigned to a territory. After that, the employee may be moved into the TM (E7172) role. Responsibilities:
- Foster the customer relationship in a team based selling model.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (e.g., delivery mis picks, short on loads, stock-outs).
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Know the market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Drive motor vehicle to existing customers, and prospects, to ensure product delivery, which may include lifting/carrying up to 75lbs.