Category: Human Resources, Industrial Maintenance, Teaching, Trainer
Type: Full Time
REMPREX in Lisle is hiring! The Training Coordinator is responsible for training, recertification, and execution of all tenants of REMPREX’s Safety and Training programs. This position will be responsible for classroom as well as on job training (OJT) that establishes safety education and its execution as the cornerstone of an accident and injury-free environment.
Education of staff is only possible through knowledge of course curriculum, ability to communicate effectively to ensure retention, as well as a high degree of interaction with hourly staff and a boots-on-ground presence in the field. As such, this role will work with all REMPREX modes of operations, including intermodal, automated gate, manual gate, switching, maintenance and repair, and automotive operations across the US and Canada. This role reports to the Manager of Training and Safety.
The Training Coordinator performs the following duties and tasks:
· Conduct classroom training (instructor lead and virtual) as well as On Job Training (OJT) to all REMPREX nonexempt staff.
· Represent subject matter expert (SME) for all safety training modules.
· Training curriculum author and content owner.
· Augment current safety training course curriculum as needed.
· Develop, implement, and maintain employee training programs
· Establish and maintain complete safety and training records
· Work in concert with Field Safety Manager to ensure training retention and execution well beyond classroom and OJT training.
· Assist staff in incident, accident, injury, and near-miss investigations, including close out documentation
· Provide support to Field Safety Manager in all aspects of compliance management.
· Attend Yard Audit, Site Safety, and other safety and operational meetings as necessary
· Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes