Utility Billing Specialist I
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Administrative Support
Type: Part Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn Finance Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of part-time Utility Billing Specialist. The job duties of this position include, but are not limited to, providing courteous and responsive customer service to Village residents and the general public; organizing and participating in clerical accounting operations; effectively responding to inquiries and concerns pertaining to utility and solid waste bills; and verifying and recording related accounting transactions. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned. Position reports directly to the Accounts Manager. Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and professional customer service via the phone, in person, by email, and in writing.
- Create 8,300 monthly bills and issue late and disconnection fees for utility accounts using readings provided by meter readers.
- Maintain accurate customer water, sewer, and solid waste service records that include meter information/readings/consumption history/billing and payment history/deposits/auto-pay information/refuse cart sizes.
- Prepare shut-off list for delinquent water/sewer utility customers; prepare final water bills and collect as necessary.
- Review and resolve billing discrepancies and prepare correspondence concerning estimated billings and utility deposits.
- Handle customer questions and complaints via the phone and in person from the general public, employees, and Village residents.
- Receive and process applications for service actions, including water turn-off and turn-on and solid waste service.
- Prepare service orders and send them to Public Works.
- Prepare statements and reports.
- Assist the public with general information regarding policies and procedures.
- May assist other positions with data entry as workload demands and maintain an accurate. database for: Vehicle stickers, real estate transfer tax, and business registration.